Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 June 2011

How to make a popular thread

What an fascinating question!
I came up with some ideas:
- write a a good title that is either controversial or thought provoking
- start with a question or at least make your thread interesting to read
- try to post the thread at peak times, when there are loads of simmers online to comment
- addmittedly, continuously bumping your thread keeps it at the top, but it is also annoying and will stop people wanting to comment if it's several pages of 'bumps!'
If you bump twice and still no one answers, it's quite possible no one will.

Well, that is my advice. I clearly don't follow it, because when I do (rarely) post my own threads, they die.
Oh well, I prefer to post in other people's (it's more fun :) )

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment